Spacers

All the exterior insulation has been removed. No bats (thank goodness--although I did give Kevin specific instructions to NOT let a bat leave the room without either killing it or 2) chopping its head off (which, of course, would then kill it). We did find an old book:







From what I could find on line, this book is about role reversal and had a great voice in feminism. First published around 1880. (I would like the know the story as to why or how it ended up as insulation in the eaves! I have my own theory.)

So, we have learned while working on house and barnage that doing prep work helps decrease aching shoulders/arms later. We pre-drilled and partially screwed the spacers before trying to level and screw into studs. Minus the squeaking screws, it was a pretty painless process. (We did wax the screws, which helped a little, but wearing ear plugs worked bestest!)





While Kevin screwed in the spacers, I removed the tack board and a few staples around the perimeter of the room. I was thinking, while working, that those small, one inch wide boards could do some serious damage as torture devices. YIKES!!

No comments: